Monday

Baby Learning: the showing and talking game

THE FAVOURITE by Georgios Jakobides (1853–1932)
We have been taking our daily environment for granted for years, unlike babies and toddlers who are intrigued by everything they see and hear. Seeing the world through the eyes of a child is an amazing experience of curiosity. Their brain is stimulated by new sights and sounds and their language is developed by us talking to them.
Sometimes I pick up a baby and just walk around the room showing them light switches and door handles, cupboards and pictures, all the while telling them what we are looking at. They never seem to get bored of this as long as I am showing them new wonders.
I am very privileged to see this first hand as the proud grandmother of two beautiful baby boys and working with babies. After having 5 children of my own I am still constantly amazed and awakened when I see this world through their eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment